Operational & Maintenance Manual
Here at NBB we have put together a comprehensive guide for the operation and maintenance of your recycled furniture. For more information download our full handbook here.
The recycled plastic used by NBB is a high quality extruded plastic profile manufactured from recycled high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic.
The recycled HDPE plastic is reprocessed to form a homogenous section of blown HDPE which is extruded through a die, cooled and cut in a single process. Due to this specialised manufacturing process our range is available in various colours and finishes.
HDPE plastic profiles are used to construct highly durable and weather resistant products which will exhibit the following benefits:
• Long life expectancy
• Maintenance free
• Non absorbent
• Slip resistant
• Non leaching
• Will not rot
• Non sparking
• Highly resistant to impact and wear
• Unsupportive of organic growth
• Easily cut, machined, drilled and fixed
Due to the recycled nature of the source material, it is possible that there will be variability in product performance, finish and colour uniformity. However, the degree of variability is controlled by a ISO9001 Quality Assurance scheme.
All plastics are susceptible to thermal expansion and contraction associated with temperature change.
Handling and Storage
The majority of recycled plastic furniture products sold are delivered flat packed. Products should be stored in their original packaging on a flat, solid and free draining storage area until ready for use.
Some items exceed 50kg in weight and are therefore heavy and sometimes bulky. We advise that enough people are on site to assist with handling and installation as required.
One of the major advantages of recycled plastic products is that they require no planned, preventative maintenance when in service.
Cleaning of recycled plastic products is recommended and can be achieved with a standard power washer if adequate drainage exists. In the absence of adequate drainage, warm soapy water and a lint free cloth or sponge may be used.
All of NBB’s recycled plastic products are fully recyclable at the end of service.
These are some general rules for installation and offered for guidance only. Specific instructions will be supplied based on the product(s) ordered.
• Always store in a level and flat condition
• Care should be taken when lifting, moving and installing products
• Products should be acclimatised to the ambient conditions and installed close to the ambient conditions anticipated during service
• NBB Recycled Plastic products may be cut, drilled and machined using tools suitable for working with wood
• Recycled plastic is difficult to ignite, however, should the product be involved in a developed fire the spread of flame is commensurate with class 3 materials in accordance with BS 476-7 1997.
• Recycled plastic material may be extinguished by employing any available fire extinguisher.